Make a Difference Calendar
I have thought for some time now, it would be great to make some of my photos available for people to purchase. However, I wanted photography to remain more of a hobby. Creativity is something you just can’t harness 9 to 5.
As I have pondered over this idea of selling photos, a great part of me asked myself, how I could use this passion and provide for others. I have had a lot of people connect with me and tell me stories how this photo or that photo has impacted their day or made a difference in their life. This means so much to me.
As part of a news organization, I often have the privilege to capture some of life’s moments at their very best and worst. I have always tried to showcase the emotion that I was feeling in the photos at the time of taking them. I don’t think there isn’t a photographer out there that doesn’t feel emotion in each shot.
I have had the opportunity to donate a few of my prints this last year to silent auctions and that got me thinking.
How can I make a difference and touch so many individuals and embrace the year ahead of us.
This idea really came from one of my profound co-workers, Breanna. She shared the idea of selling calendars. At the time I thought it would be a great way to raise money to support our non-profit search and rescue efforts. Every few years we need to invest thousands of dollars in hardware upgrades and replacement gear. Our main drone this year is at its end of life and we have had to decline some search and rescue missions.
As I was putting this idea together in my head, I felt that this year I really wanted to make a difference a larger impact and I wanted everyone to have the opportunity to contribute.
So this is it!
We will be selling calendars (pre-order only), this way we can control 100% of our cost and donate the most possible. We are going to sell the calendars for $20. Five Dollars of each calendar will go to charity that each of you will have the opportunity to be involved in. We are going to do a 12 days of Christmas. In December we plan to make donations to various group. Some ideas we have:
- Children’s Hospital
- Toys For Tots
- Giving Trees
- $100 Tip to someone in the food industry
- Cover a holiday meal and gifts to local families
- Pet Shelters
- Women Support Groups
Feel free to share your ideas with us!
To celebrate the kickoff of this idea, I am personally going to match $5 for the first 100 calendars sold. SO, with the first 100 calendars, we will have raised $1000.
The calendars will use paper supply from Wisconsin, they will be printed locally and any additional proceeds will go directly towards our search and rescue program!
You can pretty much count on the fact that 100% of your investment will serve our community today, tomorrow and for years to come. And your gift is a 12 month calendar with 13 of our favorite photos. Over the next few weeks, I will be asking my community to help choose their favorite photos. The 13 most LIKED photos will make the calendar.
We will ship calendars any where in the US and if you are a planner user and would like to have sent across the pond, I am sure we can make arrangements.
THANK YOU for your support and may GOD bless 2021.
- 2021 OneNote Business Digital Planner Rated 4 out of 5by Georg Heller
- 2020 - 2021 OneNote Personal Digital Planner - BUNDLE Rated 5 out of 5by Konel S Banner
- 2020 - 2021 OneNote Personal Digital Planner - BUNDLE Rated 5 out of 5by David K.
- 20 Minute Personalized Installation Session Rated 5 out of 5by Thomas McLendon
- 2020 - 2021 OneNote Business Digital Planner - BUNDLE Rated 5 out of 5by Thomas McLendon
- 2020 - 2021 OneNote Personal Digital Planner - BUNDLE Rated 5 out of 5by eliezer vazquez
- 2020 - 2021 OneNote Personal Digital Planner - BUNDLE Rated 5 out of 5by Kevin B.
- 2021 OneNote Business Digital Planner Rated 5 out of 5by LINDA HENDERSON
- 2021 OneNote Personal Digital Planner Rated 5 out of 5by Scott Nelson
- 2020 - 2021 OneNote Personal Digital Planner - BUNDLE Rated 4 out of 5by Susan M.